Sunday, February 02, 2020

On a Bleak Midway ... Where Are We Now? .... How Vacant the Air ... How Sad the Non-Shows ...

Strange, a huge number of people wandered in here on Sunday. What's up?  Just as lost and confused as I -- if you are a circus fan feeling deserted?

Are you already missing the Circus Report? The ROUTES?  It's been all of what, a month?

Out there on abandoned grass, once resplendent with tents, no longer even giving off traces of old popcorn boxes or cotton candy sticks, peanut shells neither --- the linking lights of Don Convington are still on, as he continues to send out links to circus stories.  Maybe 20 people on his list.

I once suggested to Don that he might fill in some way when CR headed for the museum. He did not exactly say no. 

I've also floated the idea --to almost no one until this moment, right here, right now -- that he and Ernest Albrecht join forces to produce  something original and relevant. Well, have you a better idea?

Oh, boy! The Super Duper Bowl is now I think in progress. Sorry for my disrespect. Or is it Hit-Attraction Envy?  Millions tuned in around the world. 

Know what? I am afraid to bring up the Carson and Barnes website, fearing the worst.

Need I say any more?

See you down the road, luvs, as Billy Barton would once write. Rest in peace, Billy.

No comments: