Coming to America with Horses, Camels, Ponies, Donkeys and Dogs!

Coming to America with Horses, Camels, Ponies, Donkeys and Dogs!
Germany's Great Bavarian Circus opens in Atlanta, Georgia, March 15-31. Then Onto Columbia, South Carolina

Monday, April 10, 2017

"Highly Recommended" -- Advance Critical Acclaim for Big Top Typewriter from Midwest Book Review Promises Readers Something Very Different ...

#1 on Amazon: Hot New Releases in Circus Performing Arts

 "Amusing ... Eye-opening ... A rare coverage that stands out even from the plethora of big top histories and performer biographies. Big Top Typewriter is anything but your staid story of circus animals and performers ... Highly recommended for readers who like circus exposés, and aspiring writers who struggle to find, project, and publish their own unique voices and styles.” 
 –- Diane Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review


We're riding a big top high over this first review of my new book, due out on Amazon by World Circus Day this Saturday, April 15.  

The full in-depth write up will appear in the May issue of Midwest Book Review.

Photos of La Norma.  She's the star of the cover.  Among many photos I referred to book designer Brian Pearce for his consideration -- as well as linking him to Tim Tegge's archives -- to my delight one of Brian's  selections was La Norma, and best of all,  he placed her in what I think of as the center ring ring spot.  And he spent some time making a rather grainy image less grainy.

Another welcome surprise, and I had nothing whatsoever to do with this, the three photos Brian selected represent the three staples of circus: Animals, acrobatic daredevils, and clowns.  I love the parade of showgirls and elephants!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

David, I love your book! Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. I will read it again, take my time, and soak it all in. I love your transparency and your great sense of humor. I wish I had the gift of expressing myself like you do. What a talent. Don't ever stop writing and sharing your stories with all of us.

Showbiz David said...

Thank you so much, Kathy! I am thrilled that you could not put it down. And THANK YOU for coming through at the eleventh hour by sharing with me the many typos and errors you found. They have all been corrected in the book that is on its way to Amazon. It will make for a much smoother read for readers. You are a natural born copy editor!