“WE HAVE EVERYTHING THAT A CIRCUS MUST HAVE" -- Marvin Spindler

“WE HAVE EVERYTHING THAT A CIRCUS MUST HAVE" -- Marvin Spindler
Horses, Camels, Ponies, Donkeys and Dogs Coming to 18 American Cities ...

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Big Apple Circus Hits Movie Screens Nationwide in 9 Minutes

And I won't be watching. Out on the west coast, we are being forced to watch the show in tape-delay, at 12:30 PST.

LIVE it will not be.  I can only hope that movie house business and reception is good enough, so that this great new delivery system becomes an annual event, and then the powers that be will move the
filmed performance back, to say 2:30 EST, so that we out in the west, like others, can watch it LIVE.

So, I leave here later this morning for the movie house of my choice.

I'm still excited. Well, forcing myself to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello David,

I just returned from viewing the Big Apple Circus live at a movie theater in Bucks County, PA. I was the only person in the theater.

The show was great!. The TV crew did great blocking so that you were not aware of cameras in the tent, which was only about 1/3 full.

I think you did get a sense of the live show. The risley act missed a few turns and at times it was difficult to get a good view of the flying act. I believe the best act of the show was Taco (spelling?) doing her rolla bolla turn. Just GREAT!

Next Saturday, off to NYC to see the real thing in real life.

Kurt Spence

Showbiz David said...

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for sharing. I hope there are more like you, it was not a very happy experience for me, as you can see on the other post.

You were the ONLY person in the theatre. So I guess, I enjoyed a crowd -- of eight people, up until intermission.